This leg focuses on the carbon cycle. The impact of human activity on the carbon cycle and the resulting consequences. Operators should come away from leg two with a better understanding of carbon and the carbon cycles functions as it relates to life on Earth.
- carbon cycle
- climate change
- Carbon Cycle Game: By rolling a die, students simulate a molecule of carbon’s movement throughout various locations within the carbon cycle.
- Build a Leaf: Build a model of a leaf and a plant cell to illustrate how photosynthesis locks carbon into the leaf.
- Releasing Dinosaur Breath in the Lab: Exploring the storage of carbon in the fossils that make up limestone and chalk
- See How Plants Use CO2: Use Elodea leaf to demonstrates the uptake of carbon dioxide by plants
- Computer game: Answer questions about the carbon cycle to advance around the board.